Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
In the JJ Institute of Information Technology, the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been in existence since its inception in 2008. The B.Tech course in E.C.E was started in the year 2008 with an intake of 120.
As a result of the excellent teaching methodology adopted by a highly dedicated and committed team of 37 faculty members in producing exceptional calibre graduates during the past.At present the department has highly qualified senior faculty which includes, three Professors, nine Assistant Professors, six senior lectures, 19 Lecturers.Apart from it the department takes the services of seven Laboratory Assistants and 1 Data Entry Operators. The department is recognized by dedicated teachers, devoted students, committed supporting staff and expert technical staff.
Electronic Devices Laboratory
This Laboratory is specifically meant for I year students of under graduate course, deals with the experiments on Electronics Devices and Circuits. Every bench is equipped with a dual trace oscilloscope, dual Power Supply and a signal generator.
Electronics Circuit Laboratory
The experiments on Analog ICs, like Operational Amplifiers, Timers, and Phase lock loops etc., and their applications are being studied. Here also, every bench is equipped with a dual trace oscilloscope, dual Power Supply and a signal generator.
LICA and PDC Lab
The experiments based on Logic and Digital circuits are performed using IC trainers and component development systems are provided on every table.
To perform Assembly Language Program on 8086 Microprocessors and 8051 Micro controllers by connecting different interfaces.
This center has high-end server connected with 36 nodes of P-IV systems to meet the current trends in the field of Microprocessor and microcontroller related experiments.
The Lab has equipped with Texas make DSP Kits and various interfaces totalling about 15, supplied by Crane software and also has legal software Mat lab with necessary tool boxes.
- The Lab has equipped with Texas make DSP Kits and various interfaces totalling about 15, supplied by Crane software and also has legal software Mat lab with necessary tool 20 user licensed versions of Tina-Pro, FPGA advantage software for VHDL and Verilog applications.
- HDL and EDA Tools: This laboratory is meant for I semester M.Tech (VLSI System Design) course. The latest version FPGA advantage software is used as front-end tool.
- Mixed Signal Lab: This laboratory is meant for II Semester M.Tech (VLSI System Design) course. The latest Mixed Signal Design Software “ Microwind -3 of 50 users license supplied by ni2 logic, Pune for performing both Analog and Digital VLSI related experiments.
- Analog Communication lab: Analog Modulation trainers and component development systems for modulation and demodulation using different techniques.
- Digital Communication Lab: Advanced digital communication trainers for experimentation of various types of digital modulation and de modulation techniques.
- Microwave Lab: This laboratory has 10 microwave benches and four Fiber optic trainer kits that can be used by the students for all experimental work on microwaves and fibre optic Lab including the recording of radiation pattern of microwave antennas.